Tuesday 9 March 2010

How I adore thee, Sir Philip!

Ehem...I promise Im not obsessed with him, just a tad obsessed with his offerings! Sir Philip and team have yet again quenched the thirst of men whom want a beauty at high street prices. For a good few months I kept seeing the quintessentially British item of clothing that is the Trench. The Sartorialist (the iconic street style blogger) gave us the "Art of the trench" for Burberry and everyone has latched on to this trend! I however, pride myself on being ahead of the masses, Pffff (Denial is a great thing). I was fortunate enough to have a dear friend who is a pattern cutter for a leading rainwear manufacturer and she kindly made me a bespoke trench to shield me from the dismal weather of England! If like me your pockets are not that deep for the mouth watering trenches on offer at Burberry or Aquascutum - These are the next best things!

Mihara Yasuhiro collaboration
£100


Alister Mackie collaboration
£90


B Blessing collaboration
£90


Topman Design + My favourite
£100

Shop online www.topman.com
Pics courtesy of Topman

2 comments:

davidikus said...

I agree with you: the topman design trench is my favourite. This is probably the first time in years that a high-street retailer produces something that is not a copy of designers, and that looks better than what designers have produced. It looks particularly sharp with the top open. A very versatile piece!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i said...

Great minds Dvid, Great minds...