Monday 7 June 2010

Lamb disguised as Mutton

Is it just me, or do you beauties cower away from vintage footwear? Don't get me wrong, I relish in that distinct musty, stale and ripe scent of an aged piece of cloth, made at a time where China's front door was firmly locked and Bangladeshi's brood were without needle and thread. The very thought of wearing a pair of shoes whom have almost certainly been soiled by grim tootsies gives me the shivers. Truth be told - I would make the exception if the shoes in question were of a certain Mr. Hare's pedigree, indeed I am a hypocrite! Anywho, I have been longing for a pair of those simplistic but yet iconic All Star Converse high tops in white. However, the idea of wearing pristine virginal white shoes have always made me turn the other cheek, as I of We Spy has an eye for FILTH! As well as purchasing some new Oliver peoples spectacles, of which all its goodness (my bank account thinks otherwise) will be posted as soon as they arrive, I finally got my mitts on a pair of converse which found itself undergoing the We Spy make-under. Heres one I made earlier.....
Before
After

Shoes - All Star Converse
Chinos - Topman
Socks - American Apparel 

Me thinks, I need another layer of grime and Debauchery, Thoughts Please??

9 comments:

NobodyKnowsMarc said...

that's nice..
www.nobodyknowsmarc.blogspot.com

Matthew Spade said...

ps i bought those chinos but i got two sizes up as i wanted loose threws

Matthew Spade said...

you have made a top notch job there fella! look old but the sole says otherwise and will still last ages. i remember doing this when i was at college, instead my idea involved soil and a hosepipe. you going to tell us how you do it?

nice chino, orange sock combo too

WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i said...

Great minds think alike Mat! My apparatus included a scourer/nail brush/mud/water.... Simples!

KC said...

i actually liked that the sole gives the secret away as if it was meant to do so. it works well for me.

nouveauskin.blogspot.com

Matthew Spade said...

sadly i work all weekend, the park visit was on friday. other than that, a nice weekend had

iliketweet said...

I have having shiny new Converse, they look much better old and battered, good job!

tweet tweet tweet

x

Lorena said...

This reminds me of when I was a teenager! I went through several pairs of Converse (some of which I still have) and the first thing I would do when I got new ones was to go outside and kick around dirt and scuff them up because I couldn't stand how clean and pristine they looked. The white ones are so bright when they're new it's like they're screaming to be stared at, you've done an admirable job injecting some life into those.

WE SPY WITH MY LITTLE i said...

Y thank you Lorena, such kind words...